Monday, March 25, 2013

This is Real Love

1 John 4:10 -- "This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins."
photo credit
I have a confession. I am human. I have lots of faults and I sin more often than I care to admit to anyone other than God. However, God still loves me. I can't understand it and I am not worthy of it, but it is truth.

God knew his children would get lost. He knows our hearts and He knows our sin. But he didn't want us separated from Him. God sent his son as the ultimate sacrifice to cover our sin so we can still communicate and walk with Him despite our shortcomings.

This is the greatest gift. We can do nothing to deserve His love, but He gives it freely.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for loving me. I don't deserve you're love and I have nothing to offer you but myself and I freely give that to you. Thank you for loving me, and thank you for saving me. Help me Lord, to overcome my weakness and always live for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment