Thursday, January 23, 2014

Jesus Loves Me - 1 John 3:1

1 John 3:1 -- "See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him."

photo credit
God's Word is full of promises, stories, good lessons about life and great encouragement. I read through the Bible every year and it always has some new word of wisdom that speaks to my heart.

However, no matter how much you do or don't know about the Bible or about God. No matter how complex you make His teachings, there is always one simple truth -- "Jesus Loves Me."

Out of everything there is to learn in the wonderful book breathed by God, that is the most important. If you don't understand that simple truth, nothing else will matter much anyway.

Jesus Loves Me!

It is as easy and as difficult as that. Jesus loves me - little old, imperfect me. He loves my personality and my quirks. He loves me when I do well and He still loves me when I trip up A love like that is sometimes hard to imagine. Nonetheless, Jesus loves you that much whether you can understand it or not.

And because Jesus loves me, I can love other because He gives me the strength and the purpose to do so.

God's love for us - for you and for me - is one truth that we can always depend on. He gives us a purpose to our lives and a peace to live it. Through God, anything is possible. Because of His love the world was saved and will be made anew once again.

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment