Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Power of Prayer - Psalm 27:7

Psalm 27:7 -- "Hear me as I pray, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me!"

photo credit
Prayer can be confusing. You hear others pray in many different ways: some pray fast, some slow, some formally, some casually, some for long periods of time, others for a short time. Do you have to close your eyes? Do I have to be on my knees? Will God even hear me?

The most important thing to know about prayer is that there is no right or wrong way to pray. Prayer is simply how you communicate with God. And we all communicate in different ways. He does not need fancy words or special phrases. He needs you to be yourself. He wants to connect with you, just as you are, just as He made you.

It is okay to ask God for answers and even to ask Him if He hears you're prayers. God s not afraid of your uncertainty. Often, He will give you a sign to turn your uncertainty into certain faith. Reach out to Him, pray in whatever way is comfortable for you. He is waiting to hear from you, waiting for you to connect on a personal level with Him. You are His beautiful child and He wants to speak to you.

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment