Saturday, January 11, 2014

The McCusker Journal - January 11, 2014

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! Today is his birthday and there are several surprises that will be revealed next week. It is a great day to celebrate and be thankful for all the blessings in my life, my family being at the top of the list!
My husband, playing us his music.
He is very talented, but most importantly,
He always makes me smile!
This has been a great and busy week. However, the irony is that when we are busy I don't always take many pictures. That is the case for this week.

photo credit
We went with a friend to see Disney's Frozen. It's the second time we saw it in theaters and I could go see it again! It is as inspirational movie, very well done. I was as excited to see it again as Zoey! I highly recommend it. The girls loved it!

That day was also one of the coldest days of the year (and winter in general) so it seemed appropriate that we were going to a movie all about ice.

The girls playing race car while we were waiting to go in the theater.
This is the first week of the year that we have really gotten back in to our normal routine. I spent a lot of time preparing to teach Awanas and setting up our MOPS meeting. But it was great to get back out into the world and see all of our friends and get out of the house. I have to admit, especially since it's been so cold, we haven't really gone out much.

Zoey really enjoys Cubbies, her group in Awanas at our church. Every week we learn a verse to recite. This is Zoey learning our verse this week. It is Genesis 9:13, "God has sent a rainbow in the clouds (as a sign of my covenant between Me and the earth.)"


Zoey got Scrabble, Jr. for Christmas and it has become her favorite new game. We played it this week and had lots of fun learning new words and letter sounds.


And Zoey had her very first friend to sleep over this week! She was so excited. I think they had a lot of fun. I have to admit that my heart was full and overflowing when I heard the ring of "This is the best sleepover ever!"

Zoey and her friend playing Chutes and Ladders
Yes, it has been a busy yet wonderful week. I am so thankful for all of our friends, it is such a joy to be connected to such wonderful people.

A few other thoughts that stayed with me this week:




Hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment