Thursday, January 2, 2014

Seek God - Matthew 6:33

Matthew 6:33 -- "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

photo credit
When you begin getting to know God a little, I find that you want to get to know Him more. I know I do. Even though we've had a strong relationship for many years now, I know there is still more to learn and He can still use me in many ways.

One way to get to know God better is to seek Him out, intentionally and purposefully. By spending time with God everyday praying and studying His Word you can begin to sense Him working in your everyday because He will show Himself to you.

This time with God is different for everyone. I'm not a morning person; however, I have my most peaceful time with God first thing in the morning before anyone else is up. I like to begin my day with the Lord because it can alleviate stress of the day before it starts. On the other hand, spending time with God at the end of the day helps others more. For some, making time during lunch or in a quiet moment of the day works.

The when and the where and even the how of making time with the Lord is less important than the fact that you do. God's deepest desire is for us to seek Him out and to have a relationship with Him. He created us because He loves us, and now He wants to spent time with us. He simply wants us to care enough about Him to put Him first and above all else.

When we put God before our worldly stresses and desires, He gives us everything we need. It won't necessarily be everything we want or even what we are expecting. However, what we need is God's eyes can be more fulfilling than anything we could want.

Seek God, live righteously, have faith and trust that God will provide throughout this year, giving you just what you need in just the right moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment