Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Life and Times of Jesus: Becoming "Christ-like"


Mark 1:1 -- “The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God.”

There are millions who claim to be Christian, but how many of those really know Christ? Here’s a more important question - Do you really know Christ?

I know many, including myself, that went to church and got an idea of who Christ might be. At least who we want Him to be. However, the more I study and the more I learn, the more I realize that Jesus was and is a lot more than we often give Him recognition for.

The term “Christ-like” is very common in the church, but before we can imitate Christ, we have to know Him. We have to know more than just His story, more than even His purpose in saving us all. Those are important, but to truly become “Christ-like,” we must know Him more, intimately, and consistently.

photo credit
For the next year, I am going to devote Sundays to the four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. We are going to learn who Christ was on earth from the ones who knew Him then. I am going through His life chronologically and thoroughly to get an idea of the man, the God, we are meant to intimidate.

I believe we will find a man who challenged people, who loved the unlovable and who sacrificed His life to save sinners - to save us and the world He loves. We will discover a God who loves us more than we could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment