Thursday, January 9, 2014

Soul Mates - Genesis 2:24

Genesis 2:24 - "This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one."

photo credit
I have always loved the idea of soul mates. The idea that there is someone out there that is perfectly matched, especially for you. I always thought it was a romantic idea, but now, I am learning that it actually an idea straight from God.

Adam was alone in the garden waiting for the one who was just right for him. God didn’t want Adam to be alone, so He created his mate - Eve. She was exactly right for him, created solely to be with Adam. God created them as a perfect match, to be uniquely individual, but also perfectly connected together.

God created marriage. Adam and Eve are two united together into one. I would say marriage is a good gift for the very first wedding present ever. They made a promise to each other, they take responsibility for each other and they are united in intimacy and commitment to one another. Those are the makings of a good marriage.

photo credit
The notion of soul mates isn’t as silly as I once thought. Two people who are created specifically to be together to face the world united as one. It really is a beautiful thing.

I believe I have found my soul mate in my husband. We bring out the best in each other. I encourage those who are single to be patient and pray that God will show you who He made specifically to bring out the best in you. And for those who are married, I pray that you pray for each other, keep your promise to each other and always look out for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment