Thursday, January 16, 2014

Made To Crave - Introductions

Photo thanks to Proverbs 31 Ministries
I am very excited to be a part of the Online Bible Studies by Proverbs 31 Ministries. This time we are going through "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst.

This study is perfect for me to begin this year with. My focus for this year is to live more healthy: body, soul and mind. You can read more about my goals and how they came about in my post called, "This is the Day."

Psalms 118:24 says, "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." I realized that I not only wanted to live each day, I wanted to rejoice in each day. Today is a fresh start. No matter what happened yesterday or last week or even a minute ago, I can start fresh because the Lord made each moment an opportunity of renewal and growth.

photo credit
"Made to Crave" is perfect for me to turn focus from myself and what I eat to God. I'm excited to continue focus on how to put God first and learn more about my awesome Creator.

With my favorite verse for this year in my mind I am ready to begin a new journey with the guidance of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the leading of the Lord. I hope you will consider joining me.

Do you have a focus verse? What do you hope to get out of this year?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda, I love the idea of a fresh start! A verse that Lysa mentions in the Made To Crave book I like to focus on is I Corinthians 10:23 which says, "Everything is permissible' - but not everything is beneficial." Something my pastor says a lot is we should be living for an audience of one (God) and that is my goal. To live each day for my Heavenly Father & to crave Him more than anything including food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I hope to get out of this year is I hope to make my church motto my own... "To know Christ, and make Him known."

    Focus verse is Psalm 119:33-40 (HCSB)
    Teach me, Lord, the meaning of Your statutes,
    and I will always keep them.
    Help me understand Your instruction,
    and I will obey it
    and follow it with all my heart.
    Help me stay on the path of Your commands,
    for I take pleasure in it.
    Turn my heart to Your decrees
    and not to material gain.
    Turn my eyes
    from looking at what is worthless;
    give me life in Your ways.
    Confirm what You said to Your servant,
    for it produces reverence for You.
    Turn away the disgrace I dread;
    indeed, Your judgments are good.
    How I long for Your precepts!
    Give me life through Your righteousness.

    Yes I will join you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete