Wednesday, January 1, 2014

This Is The Day! - Psalm 118:24

Psalm 118:24 -- "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."

photo credit
Happy New Year!

I love the new year, it is a chance for a fresh start. It is a decisive opportunity to really evaluate your life and your relationship with God as well as with others. It is a moment where we can turn away from old habits and create good ones. It is a chance to ask God for forgiveness of any wrong deed in the old year, a chance to forgive yourself for slipping and a chance to begin anew to make good choices again and again throughout the new year.

For me I will choose a fresh start that includes eating healthy, exercising and seeking simplicity. I want to clear out the clutter of my mind, body and my house. I want to live in peace and joy in every moment. I want to be ready for anything. I want to trust God that He has everything in control and I can live knowing I am doing the best that I can for myself, my family and my community.

At the beginning of the year I like to pick a word, a quote and a scripture to really help me focus in the new year. It helps me to overcome distractions and temptations and remember what I am an working towards.

My 2014 focus:

Word: 
Healthy
photo credit
Quote: 
Do more of what makes you happy.

photo credit
Scripture:
"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

photo credit
I really needed a blank slate. I needed forgiveness for being so lazy toward the end of the year. I needed help from getting so overwhelmed all the time. I prayed about this during the last couple of months of 2013, asking God what direction I should go and what can I do to grow closer to Him and find peace and joy in every moment. This is what He revealed to me. I pray that you would do the same. Reach out to God and let Him reveal what will make a difference for you in the new year.

What is your focus for the new year? Do you have a word, quote or scripture to guide you into 2014? I would love to hear it and create a community to help us all succeed in our goals for the new year.

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment