Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Take a Moment to Reconnect

Matthew 6:6 -- "But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you."

photo credit
I believe wholly in "breathing prayer," meaning that God hears you anywhere at anytime on matter what you are doing. This is how you stay in constant connection with him because he can speak to you just as you speak to him in the Spirit.

However, we are busy people placed in a busier society and even though you stay in constant connection, it is important to stop and focus on each other once in a while, daily if possible.

I relate this idea to my relationship with my husband. We are in constant communication over schedules, concerns and what's for dinner, but in the midst of the busyness I begin to miss sitting and just talking together. When it is only connection over what is going on you miss the intimacy in the relationship. We make a point at least a couple times a week to stop and really look at each other and reconnect, to talk about everything and nothing. It is really just an opportunity to stop and say "I love you and everything we are doing is worth it."

God deserves those same moments. When you stop and focus only on him and your relationship. Where you reconnect and share a moment of intimacy to say "I love you and because of you everything I am doing is worth it."

Wise-Woman-Builds

No comments:

Post a Comment