Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sing Praises to the Lord

Psalm 95:1-2 -- “Come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him.”

photo credit
We tend to go to God only when we have problems. We ask God to help us with things great and small. We beg God to get us through a troubled time. But how often do we go to God for the simple reason of singing praise and thanksgivings to him?

Psalm 95 is an invitation to worship, to sing praise and shout joyfully that he is God! God is there in our times of need, but he is also there, waiting to love on us when everything is going just right. His desire for a relationship with us is there all the time, whether we feel like talking to him or not.

I challenge you to put away your list full of “I need...” once in awhile and focus simply on loving God and thanking him for being our heavenly father and providing for us always.

Dear Lord,
I sing praises to your name! I just want to thank you so much for being there for me all the time, no matter what I am going through I can call on you! I just want to take this moment and say I appreciate you and I lift up your name in praise!
View More Daily Devotionals

No comments:

Post a Comment