Thursday, January 24, 2013

You Must Be Teachable To Learn

Proverbs 12:1 -- “To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction.”

photo credit
Just like most others, I dislike being corrected, especially when I believe I am right. It makes me feel disappointed and frustrated. But just like in school, there is a teacher who knows the right answer and what’s best in our path of learning. God is our teacher, not just in a classroom, but in life.

To learn you must have to want to learn. With a learning attitude many lessons are available to you -- there is no end to what you can learn. However, this also means you must be willing to have the discipline to keep seeking, accept correction and learn from the wisdom of others. When we close our hearts to discipline and correction we will not learn very much and we will become stagnant in our knowledge and faith.

God wants to open doors for us and grow our wisdom, but we must be teachable and always seek to know and understand more.

Dear Lord,
Open my heart to accept discipline and correction. Help me continuously be teachable as I seek out more knowledge and wisdom from you.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for this! what a challenge to be "teachable" when we feel we know everything! thank you for sharing your insight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not always easy, but it makes all the difference! Thanks for reading and commenting! God Bless You!

      Delete
  2. That's why I love coming to read blogs like this, I learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete