Monday, January 14, 2013

Beyond this World

Colossians 3:2 -- “Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.”

photo credit
That sounds so easy, and yet every single day I stumble.

When I am in my quiet time or having a good day it is easy to revel at God’s glory. However, amidst daily stress and never ending to-do lists it gets a little harder to think of heavenly things -- those earthly things keep getting in the way.

However, the point is this -- priorities. There will always be earthly things that need to be taken care of. But when we get too focused on those earthly things we lose track of the heavenly things altogether. When we think of heavenly things, we concentrate on the eternal rather than the temporal. This makes all the difference when it comes to the attitude with which we complete those earthly tasks.

Dear Lord,
Help me to think of heavenly things, help me to keep y priorities in order and not get too focused on the earthly things. Help me keep a positive attitude and remember that it is about the people and not about the lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment