Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In the Beginning

Genesis 1:1 -- “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”

photo credit
The new year brings new beginnings, new resolutions and potential for a brand new start. At the beginning our slate is clean where anything is possible, anything can happen.  

In the beginning of time there was God. It was God who created the heavens and the earth. It was God who created us. In the beginning anything was possible. There was no sin, no reason for judgment. In the beginning, there was only God.

Genesis means “beginnings.” It is the perfect place to start at the first of the year. But Genesis with not about the “how” of the beginnings, it is about the “who.” It is the first glimpse we have of God. It is the first chance we get to see the Creator himself in action.

The entire Bible is one long character development of God. In the beginning we see our Creator. As we continue through the year, let’s remember that one very important fact, God created us because he loves us and desires a fellowship with us.

Dear Lord,
Please forgive me of my sins. As the new year dawns, allow me to begin with a fresh slate where anything can happen. Thank you for creating me and loving me. Help me to not lose sight of your love for me.

View more Daily Devotionals

No comments:

Post a Comment