Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Tongue is a Flame of Fire

James 3:6 -- “And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.”

photo credit
When I was young I was very hard on myself. I didn't look pretty enough, I wasn't smart enough, in all things, I simply did not measure up. My thoughts were very negative and my life was turning in a very negative direction as well.

My negative words were a flame, corrupting and slowly destroying my life. It was during this low point of my life that a friend invited me to church. I eventually came to know Jesus and slowly, my life began to rise out of the ashes.

However, it was some time later that I realized my thoughts and words were still keeping me down. I had to break free of the fire set “by hell itself.” I began to speak positively about my life. I began to decree that I am pretty, I am smart and I do measure up in all things because Jesus Christ stands beside me every step of my life.

John 8:36 says, “So if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.” Jesus can break all of your chains, he can set you free. It is so easy to fall into negativity and let the fires consume you, but that is far from the life Jesus intended for you. Jesus wants us to be free and stand against the world of wickedness.

Dear Lord,
Please help me to be set free in Jesus. Help me to think positively, speak positively and live positively. help me rise above the corrupting fires and not only live a life of triumph, but become a light to someone else struggling in the fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment