Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Keep Growing in Knowledge and Love

Philippians 1:9 -- “I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.”

photo credit
I remember being a teenager and thinking I had everything figured out. The older I get and the more I experience the less I think I know.

I have read the Bible in its entirety several times, and every time I understand something I didn't before. With every reading, teaching and prayer, I realize there is so much more to learn.

This is how we grow as people and how we grow in Christ, to always yearn to love and learn more. Challenge yourself and don’t settle with only what you know. Don’t be afraid to go back over familiar stories, read unfamiliar passages and step out in ways you haven’t before.

Dear Lord,
Help me to always seek you more. Fill me with a spirit overflowing with love and the attitude for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment