Wednesday, January 16, 2013

God's Way Brings Rest

Jeremiah 6:16 -- “This is what the Lord says: “Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls. But you reply, ‘No, that’s not the road we want!’"
photo credit
When there is a big decision to make do you go to God first? I have to admit, this is one area God is still working on me.

I love lists and I write down all the pros and cons, and then I go to God. This is backwards and I know it. God doesn’t want our lists, he wants us -- he wants us to come to him before we go any further because he loves us and will direct us down the best path.

Jeremiah says, “as for the old, godly way and walk in it. Travel its path and you will find rest for your souls.” Only when we follow God’s path will we find rest. God will always be with us and he will always help when we call out to him, but the sooner we look to God and follow his way the sooner we find rest for our souls.

Dear Lord,
I can’t do it on my own! My human impatience often gets the best of me when it comes time to make big decisions. Lord, I turn to you now, show me the path to go down because I desperately seek rest for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment