Thursday, January 10, 2013

Overcoming my Unbelief

Mark 9:24 -- “The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

photo credit
Do you believe, truly believe, in miracles? It is one thing to believe that Jesus performed miracles during his time on heart, but what about now? Do miracles still happen?

I say yes, yes they do!

Mark 9:24 puts us in the middle of the story about a boy who has been demon possessed since he was very young. The father brings him to Jesus asking Him to help, if He can. Jesus replies with a very powerful statement, “Anything is possible if a person believes” (Mark 9:23).

Jesus said if a person believes. Is it that there aren't miracles happening in modern times or that we don’t believe miracles are happening everyday. Anything is possible if a person believes. Do you believe?

In this story, the father shouts “I do believe.” And Jesus cast out the demon because he is God and because the father believed.

Dear Lord,
I pray this prayer today, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” Miracles happen everyday, help me to understand that it is your hand at work and help me witness to others the power and majesty of my God.


No comments:

Post a Comment